Universal’s Islands of Adventure is closing the popular Dragon Challenge roller coaster on September 5, 2017 to make room for a brand new thrill ride at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade.
According to the official blog of Universal Resort, this new ride will feature:
- This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.
- The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences Universal has ever created. It will combine a new level of storytelling with an action-packed adventure…and a few surprises along the way.
- The award-winning Universal Creative team is once again collaborating with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films to bring this new coaster experience to life.
- This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world. It’s going to be the perfect addition to Hogsmeade.
Stay tuned for more details and make sure to ride the Dragon Challenge one more time before it closes!
Earlier this month at the 2017 D23 Expo, Disney finally released more details regarding their new Star Wars-Themed Lands being built at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando and Disneyland in California. These immersive Star Wars-themed lands will open in 2019 and will be named “Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge” – a name that represents all the unknown adventure happening within. Both lands are set in a remote trading port on the edge of wild space and one of the last stops before Wild Space. Visitors will find themselves in the middle of the action at two signature attractions. One lets guests take the controls of Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission and the other puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
“Happily Ever After” is the official name of the third nighttime fireworks spectacular to ever blast off at Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park. Opening night was last night, Friday, May 12, 2017 and you can watch the entire show below. This brand new nighttime spectacular is taking fireworks to new heights. Combined with advanced digital projection technology, new animations of some of your favorite Disney characters, lasers and an inspirational musical score this show will be the perfect way to end a magical day at the Magic Kingdom.
Nintendo’s legendary Shigeru Miyamoto and Universal Creative’s Mark Woodbury sat down to discuss how you will step into a larger-than-life Nintendo adventures filled with excitement, gameplay, heroes and villains at Universal Theme Parks across the globe.
- Nintendo-themed areas are coming to Universal Studios Japan, Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood.
- These will be expansive, immersive and interactive. They’ll be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants.
- You’ll feel as if you’re playing inside your favorite games – in real life.
- There will be something for everyone—regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
- Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway; they will open separately over the next several years.
Learn more at Universal Orlando Resort’s Blog.
Opening in early summer 2017, Universal’s Volcano Bay will be a water theme park unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, from incredible thrills to perfected relaxation. It’ll feature dozens of attractions that offer something for everyone – and you won’t have to stand in long lines to experience any of them.